What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wrong apple id when i try to update apps

JulieMc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The wrong apple Id automatically populates when I try to update apps. It is my old email address, which I can no longer access. I have changed the Id everywhere (settings and iTunes), but can not figure out how to get the correct I'd to come up when I update apps. Help!

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
JulieMc said:
The wrong apple Id automatically populates when I try to update apps. It is my old email address, which I can no longer access. I have changed the Id everywhere (settings and iTunes), but can not figure out how to get the correct I'd to come up when I update apps. Help!

Log to your Apple account and change there.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
J

JulieMc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did that. But it still defaults to the old one when I update apps. I can't even find where it could possibly be pulling the old Id from? Any other ideas?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To be certain, because I'm not certain after reading what's happing.

Go to the bottom of the Featured tab in the App Store on the iPad. Tap your Apple ID and sign out. Tap it again and sign in with the correct Apple ID.

Hold in mind that if you have apps on the iPad that were purchased using the old Apple ID, then you will not be able to update them using the new one.

It is possible to change your Apple ID user name, but only if it was not already an apple email address (@mac, @me, or @icloud). Changing to a new Apple email address results in a new account. Accounts can not be merged nor can purchases be transferred.

Hildegard Mulder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have exactly the same problem after I have changed my Apple ID (email address). I have purchased expensive Apps on my old ID, like TomTom. It is totally unacceptable if I cannot update ever again!

VixsterV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had apps on my iPad from different accounts and whenever they need updating it pops up with the apple ID that it was purchased on, once I tap in the password, it updates :)

HayDay:::: level 42

Most reactions

Latest posts