What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Writing reports for projects

Chesterflick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in construction and visit lots of different jobs and take lots of pictures. When I was using a laptop I just used "word" wrote report and added photos as needed. I then saved them to me document area and was able to email to whoever I needed to send it to.
Is there a way to do that with my new iPad Air that I know nothing about or do I need to app up to be able to accomplish this.
Thank you

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am in construction and visit lots of different jobs and take lots of pictures. When I was using a laptop I just used "word" wrote report and added photos as needed. I then saved them to me document area and was able to email to whoever I needed to send it to.
Is there a way to do that with my new iPad Air that I know nothing about or do I need to app up to be able to accomplish this.
Thank you
The closest thing to Word is the Pages app from Apple. This app is free to download to all newer devices such as iPhone 5S, iPad mini with retina display and iPad Air. Look in the App Store for the Pages app. https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/pages/id361309726?mt=8

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Or take a look at Evernote.

You can take just about any kind of note, even mark up your images. These sync online so that you can have them on your iPad, computer, or just with web access. Besides emailing notes, you can also choose to share a notebook with others; view only or editable so that they can add or edit content.

To get full use out of it you'd need to get the premium account; $5 a month (less per year); but it would probably be worth it for what you want.

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just installed Outlook, Word and Excel to my iPad 2 as part of Office 365. Two things I'm not impressed with is you cannot use Google Drive or print from Word. Not sure about Excel but I doubt it can print directly either.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I just installed Outlook, Word and Excel to my iPad 2 as part of Office 365. Two things I'm not impressed with is you cannot use Google Drive or print from Word. Not sure about Excel but I doubt it can print directly either.

Strange. Print was supposed to have been added to the MS apps with the last update. I assumed I couldn't see it because I haven't registered the apps with Office 365.

Personally I think a PDF export option would be more useful for a mobile app. Then you could print it anywhere. Or just send the file and save people the bother of paper.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Speaking of which, we should have mentioned the MS Office apps as a possibility. They need the Office 365 subscription, but anyone using MS Office on a computer is probably going to end up migrating to the Office 365 subscription model eventually.

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Strange. Print was supposed to have been added to the MS apps with the last update. I assumed I couldn't see it because I haven't registered the apps with Office 365..

My bad. It does print, at least Word had no problem printing to my Brother MFC printer. Didn't try Excel.

That's what happens when you look at an out of date website and not the actual menus........

rikmac111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am also in construction and use my iPad Air for the same reason and I use office 365. Like anything else, you will have a learning curve but once you get it to do what you want you will never go back. On word of advice, make sure you have good cover. Many opportunities for screen to break, trust me. Been there done that on my iPad 4.

Most reactions

Latest posts