What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Writing personal software - not for the App Store

MidLifePete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just for arguments sake, let's suppose Corporation 'X' wants to develop an app for it's salesforce of 500, but doesn't want the competitors to be able to have it, can they develop that app purely for themselves and keep it out of the public domain ie App Store. I'm assuming this is quite popular, particularly in the medical field.

Just curious

Peter

iPadTester

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi yes you can there is a closed area for company internal developments, and those products are managed by a companies internal "app Store" . this is already very common in some sales type enterprises.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MidLifePete said:
Just for arguments sake, let's suppose Corporation 'X' wants to develop an app for it's salesforce of 500, but doesn't want the competitors to be able to have it, can they develop that app purely for themselves and keep it out of the public domain ie App Store. I'm assuming this is quite popular, particularly in the medical field.

Just curious

Peter

When you create any app (as long as your a registered developer) that won't be in the AppStore because you don't want it there or if it's contains some stuff Apple doesn't want then it doesn't mean it can't run on the iDevice.

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You have no real distribution options though - personal use ok... A few testers ok. No way to distribute to the "500 salesmen" without jail breaking

That's why the Enterprise license exists.

-t

Most reactions

Latest posts