What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Writing books using iWorks/Pages

bookdoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been writing books using MS word to set up the page formatting, saving it in doc format and then opening the file in LibreOffice to convert it into a PDF file for the publisher since MS PDFs tend to be terrible. This morning I noticed that the MS Word had garbled the last few chapters of what I was working on and it took me several hours to straighten things out by deletion and retyping.

I never could figure out how to set headers and footers in LibreOffice or Open Office, this being why I began using the Word in which this can be done simply but, alas, the MS PDFs aren't good enough for the publisher, or maybe it's just this way with the Word starter program which came with my laptop. So I've thought of getting a MacAir to do the writing. Do the PDFs with the Pages program tend to come out good?

Have any of you written books with it and what's your opinion? My books are straight text, nothing fancy. I bought the Pages for the iPad and it looks OK but I didn't try it. Can the basics (header, footer, page boundaries) be set easily?

Thanks to all.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
I've been writing books using MS word to set up the page formatting, saving it in doc format and then opening the file in LibreOffice to convert it into a PDF file for the publisher since MS PDFs tend to be terrible. This morning I noticed that the MS Word had garbled the last few chapters of what I was working on and it took me several hours to straighten things out by deletion and retyping.

I never could figure out how to set headers and footers in LibreOffice or Open Office, this being why I began using the Word in which this can be done simply but, alas, the MS PDFs aren't good enough for the publisher, or maybe it's just this way with the Word starter program which came with my laptop. So I've thought of getting a MacAir to do the writing. Do the PDFs with the Pages program tend to come out good?

Have any of you written books with it and what's your opinion? My books are straight text, nothing fancy. I bought the Pages for the iPad and it looks OK but I didn't try it. Can the basics (header, footer, page boundaries) be set easily?

Thanks to all.

Yes!

Yes!

Hopethat helps!:eek:

Most reactions

Latest posts