What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Writer needs advice on apps

Columbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use an iMac to store my book in progress. I bought the iPad to take on the road to continue to be able to write. Question is, how do I upload what's on my iMac to the iPad and what app is best to edit, and add to my document in progress? Thanks for your feedback.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The answer will depend a great deal on what program on the Mac are you using to write the book, and what format you are storing it in.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Columbo said:
I use an iMac to store my book in progress. I bought the iPad to take on the road to continue to be able to write. Question is, how do I upload what's on my iMac to the iPad and what app is best to edit, and add to my document in progress? Thanks for your feedback.

My Writing Spot for the iPad is a great app. http://my-writing-nook.appspot.com/ They have an online cloud storage to sync your writing project between devices. It's accessible via their web site as well. I don't know if there's a Mac app for it, though. But I like it for the very same reason as you mentioned.

Also, any app that will allow you to access (and upload) to your documents in DropBox is worth looking into. I use Microsoft Word and Excel a lot, so Quick Office Connect has been great for me on the iPad in updating documents that were made using those programs on my desktop.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts