What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you have still bought the ipad if it ran android?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The xoom screen is just as bright as the ipad2 if you turn off the auto brightness setting.

It's still not a great device, but it does have an awesome screen if set correctly.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad has a solid OS but nothing fancy at all. It's a glorified app launcher. I think android will catch up to apple in the long run, the turtle always wins the race.

I do own an iPad and hate having to jailbreak to please my needs...
I also own a nexus S and has force closes here and there...

Best of both worlds is what I recommend....

Do you have your nexus pretty tweaked? Because if not its extremely abnormal to have force closes. I haven't seen one on my epic4g (same hardware as the nexus s) when it had a stock rom at all. Running custom roms they happen time to time, but stock its pretty darn stable.

Also, completely agree about ios. The people that say that "its the most advanced mobile os" and things like that make me chuckle. 11 pages of shortcuts and no voice control or customization of anykind = most advanced mobile os.

Last edited:

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thphilli said:
Also, completely agree about ios. The people that say that "its the most advanced mobile os" and things like that make me chuckle. 11 pages of shortcuts and no voice control or customization of anykind = most advanced mobile os.

LOL, I crack up when I read that also. Ignorance really is bliss with a lot of these apple "fanboys"

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's truly a scary thought

Cause me to run not walk away from it. I've looked at the crippled Xooms which run just about nothing as apps or software. Nasty.

madsquabbles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probably. It would be the best Android tablet out there, hardware wise.
i agree. i'd be more inclined to get the ipad2 than i am now. i really don't see a reason to get an ipad2 since i already have the gen1. the upgrade isn't very compelling to me. but since i'm a gadget collector having that hardware running honeycomb would be sweet.

i've been through quite a few tablets now - the xoom and transformer being my latest. i returned the xoom after getting the transformer though. no reason to have 2 units with basically the same hardware. i'll surely be on tegra 3 and possibly ipad3.

crap on apple all you want, but i do believe they make some superb hardware. sure the transformer is cheaper, but if you check the forums you'll see why. gaps, dust, bleed, bricks from OTA updates... android still needs a bit of fine tuning. not saying that some ipad2's aren't having some issues to.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Patriks7 said:
Never. Only reason I pay the "premium" for a MacBook Pro, iPhone and iPad is because of the OS.

same here, the closed OS means less malware, virus etc

and because the iPad is more of an out and about gadget, the last thing I want is for it to break down in the middle of nowhere when hiking, camping etc

Reaction score
Thphilli said:

LOL, I crack up when I read that also. Ignorance really is bliss with a lot of these apple "fanboys"

Though I'm nobody on the food chain in forum I ask that that this thread not turn into a urinating contest with the fanboy type comments.
As far as force closes I get an average of 1a day, never the same app twice but usually a browser or the photo app when I try to email a picture or my email app when I try to delete more than 10 in one shot, on my Ipad yet on my phone with its custom launcher, custom made icons ,22 widgets, and almost constant multi tasking only Tapatalk force closes about once a week.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thphilli said:

Though I'm nobody on the food chain in forum I ask that that this thread not turn into a urinating contest with the fanboy type comments.

I agree. This is a warning. Be careful. And be respectful.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Time to close thread before we go any further with this discussion It seems the same old group want to ruin it for others So when the language starts flying it is time to close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions