What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you have still bought the ipad if it ran android?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just curious cause everyone says android is the future. I know apple will never run android on a an iPad but let's just say out if the blue they did....would you be for or against it? I fiddled around with the xoom the other day to get an idea of how honeycomb works but it's just too confusing to me. The whole wimblets things just isnt for me.

MR1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not at this time. I really like the "it just works" thing. I'll let someone else play with troubleshooting and modifications thanks.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the iPad 2 hardware ran completed Honeycomb and had a few extra ports, it would be an absolutely amazing tablet.

I could see how widgets would be confusing at first for someone who is used to pages and pages of icons in iOS. It literally couldn't get simpler than pages and pages of icons. The thing is, widgets are pretty cool and allow you to see a lot of information without having to go into and out of several apps.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes but it would be a Xoom.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

iMadHatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
not a chance. The biggest reason i pay the apple price is because of its operating system. Nothing comes close.

When it comes down to it, its not all about hardware. Having an amazing OS is much more important to me.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just curious cause everyone says android is the future. I know apple will never run android on a an iPad but let's just say out if the blue they did....would you be for or against it?

Right there I would already ask "who's 'everyone' and why are they saying it?" I'm neither for or against it, but an iPad that ran Android wouldn't quite be an iPad anymore, would it? (At what point does an iPad cease to be an iPad if you could change the operating system is what I'm asking back.)

jake1974

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probably. It would be the best Android tablet out there, hardware wise.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd probably still be using my iPod, but holding it nearer my nose........

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just curious cause everyone says android is the future. I know apple will never run android on a an iPad but let's just say out if the blue they did....would you be for or against it?

Right there I would already ask "who's 'everyone' and why are they saying it?" I'm neither for or against it, but an iPad that ran Android wouldn't quite be an iPad anymore, would it? (At what point does an iPad cease to be an iPad if you could change the operating system is what I'm asking back.)

Post of the day. Love it.:)

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't think so. I don't have much experience with Android but it doesn't seems clunky and not as intuitive. But that's only from handling a few friend's phones, not from an in-depth session.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
it'll be like pcs and macs

both essentially computers, but vastly different due to the os they run

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
That's an almost impossible question from the op to answer.

The iPad to me is a combination of an excellent hardware and software solution in the single package. I like them both together. Separately they're not the product I desire.

Android in an iPad body? No thanks. I would not purchase.
iOS in a non iPad style body? Again, not really, but I'd spend more time thinking about it. There's more chance I'd purchase than not.

But again, a mute question really.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would buy it in a heartbeat, to get a tablet that runs as well as the iPad but gets around the absurd apple newby restrictions would be heaven to me.

Having to go through pages and pages of icons may be OK on a phone, but it really is kinda silly on a tablet (the widgets in my DroidX phone are totally awesome)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts