What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you do your on line banking on iPad?

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To see if your home wifi connection is secured, a padlock icon will appear next to your wifi network's SSID (name) in the wifi listing of your settings app on the iPad. If it's not secure, I suggest you encrypt it using either WPA or WPA2 (WEP is easy to get around) and use a good password. How to encrypt your wifi, however, will take a visit to the manufacturer's website that makes your router.

Thanks for this! I am getting my router in a few days ~ and I will be looking for you.:D

Pingles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd argue that the iPad is MORE secure than a laptop. I don't think iOs has been targeted by hackers yet. Far more likely to have a trojan on your Windows (or even Mac) PC than an iPad.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At home yes on my secured network, not sure about a free hot spot though. If my bank had an ipad specific app I would use it. Not sure if my bank has done that yet. Will have to check.

rdharper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use "Mint" to track all accounts... fast and a simple way to verify account activity. Sometimes I pay a bill or transfer on BofA using their app.

Whereas I used to check via my PC, now I update the computer only once a week. This gives me a long term record, and allows for long term planning.

So the simple answer is, the phone saves time, but there is no app to replace the computer financial programs like Money Plus or Quicken... yet.

Most reactions