Would you buy an IPAD 1 now?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by dkyser, Mar 3, 2011.

1. DontUnderstandMyIpad

DontUnderstandMyIpad
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Hard to say.

There was no indication that Apple would ship the iPad 2 so early worldwide. While the launch in the US was assumed to be in March/April, many assumed that it would take until the summer to ship in the rest of the world, just like last year.

2. Davebarrie

Davebarrie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Lmao I will consider if it's 12$ what is this mcdonalds? Have u seen tablet pricing before?

3. Davebarrie

Davebarrie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I think plenty of developers wont forget about the 15 million ipad1 user base

4. dmaul1114

dmaul1114
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Personally I wouldn't as the lack of a web cam was the main reason I held off on buying an iPad 1. And I like the thinner design of the iPad 2.

5. dmaul1114

dmaul1114
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I would be very surprised to see many iPad 2 only apps. From what I've seen there aren't a ton of iPhone 4 only applications for instance.

Things tend to get made for the lowest common denominator so they can sell to the most people.

6. tzimisce

tzimisce
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Even without the iPad2, I find that there are right now far too many apps as it is, that I can't even finish using/trying/playing the ones I already have before downloading new ones. And developers will continue to build apps for both versions of iPad (and not forgetting iPhone, too.) So no worries in that respect for me.

7. mraif

mraif
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Bingo! You took the words right outta my mouth!

8. GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Not to me. The hint that a second gen is coming has been out there since about two days after the first gen hit - hints have only gotten more frequent and more detailed since.

If it were me, I would have either:

1 - taken a hard look at the specs of the first gen and decided if they would accomplish what I was looking for...

and/or

2 - waited until the second gen unveil to see what the official specs of the new device were going to be.

Anything in between is called a "decision" and is my choice and no one's fault but mine..

Pretty simple IMO.

9. SDM44

SDM44
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I've been looking in the classifieds (online, different forums, local craigslist ads) and surprisingly, the majority of people are wanting MORE for their iPads than what Apple is selling their refurbs for. Plus, the refurbs from Apple (no different than if you got a replacement from the Genius Bar) all come with brand new cases and brand new batteries inside of them.

The only down side to buying from the Apple store is the sales tax can add no another $30-$60 to the price, which then gets to you to the same (or slightly higher) price as what people are trying to sell their used ones for.

My goal right now is to find a 32 gb 1st gen iPad with WiFi for a good price (used or refurb from Apple), rather than buying a brand new iPad2.

10. Davebarrie

Davebarrie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    1year apple warranty is worth more than sales tax