What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you buy a 99$ HP Touchpad?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No one is going to buy these on eBay for anything approaching $250.... hello? If they were able to be sold for $250-$300 on eBay, then someone would have actually paid this in the store.... and they didn't, which is why HP is practically giving them away now...

-t

OP
DrHouse

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
jcccc said:
Are you guys all f'ing retarded here? 99$ for a tablet equally as powerful as the ipad2 and the galaxy tab is the greatest deal of all time. Especially when you throw in the fact that Android will be ported any day now. Stop blowing apple's c*ck FFS. At this rate, you can get a touchpad in your bathroom, in your living room, in your bedroom, and in your car and yuou would be paying less than a damn ipad. And at the very least, you could just sell it on ebay for 250-300 and make a nice 200+% gain

I have an ipad2 and I use it for basic stuff; it's not like it's ready to replace a laptop anyhow but if you woulda told me hp touchpads were 1/5th the price I would have jumped on it in a heartbeat. iOS is a better OS than webos because of the dev community but the same level as android. You'd have to be a complete f'ing idiot not to buy a tablet 1/5th the price that does the same thing. Don't bother flaming me on this post either, I'm outta here

No need to get mad buddy :). And who would buy a Touchpad at 250$ on eBay when everyone knows that you can get one for 99$? Oups, I forgot, he's outta here... ;)

VicoPad addict!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I spoke with the OP of this thread and he had some valid points.

But the Apple bashing/iPad bashing stops now. Any further discussion in this manner, as well as off topic, appropriate sanctions will be distributed and this thread will be closed permanently.

Last edited:

greasemuntney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to get one for my wife. She was excited that she could get one for 100.00 and she said shoot I run that at least I would have flash. That was a kick in the. We got to the store and they said they sold out a day ago. We have been looking but no luck. They all sold out quick around here. So we are still going to go with the ipad for her like we originally planned. Was a good deal for 100.00. Thats for sure.

OP
DrHouse

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
I've read in the news that what HP did, by lowering the tablet at 99$ is actually hurting the market of Android devices. The main comment was that this is the first time that people are rushing to get such a device not because of the features or the glamour, but because of the price.

At 399$, no one was "interested", but at 99$, people were ready to compromise. It said that for Android/Other tablets, to be able to get a significant market share, the device should sell around 200$. This is not good news for manufacturer as such device as an initial cost around 300$.

Even if this is an isolated case, it shows that people are motivated mainly by the price. But when having to choose between devices that have almost the same selling price, people will go with the glamour and recognition.

Maybe there is a market for those not considering a tablet selling around 500$, but would glady accept compromise with a tablet around 150-200$...

Next few weeks will be interesting to watch...

VicoPad addict!

JJR60616

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We're raising a nation of idiots...

Out of curiosity, went to EBay to see what they're doing on the HP Touchpads at $99.00....

Some dimwits are actually bidding over $350.00 for them...when they can have other decent models at that price, and an IPad for a little over that.

Sigh...sometimes I wonder about the average citizen..:eek:

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was going to buy one,but soldout everywhere.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

nessva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, went to EBay to see what they're doing on the HP Touchpads at $99.00....

Some dimwits are actually bidding over $350.00 for them...when they can have other decent models at that price, and an IPad for a little over that.

Sigh...sometimes I wonder about the average citizen..:eek:

Haha I think that about nearly everything that I see on eBay these days!

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've read in the news that what HP did, by lowering the tablet at 99$ is actually hurting the market of Android devices. The main comment was that this is the first time that people are rushing to get such a device not because of the features or the glamour, but because of the price.

I can believe it. I mean, there must me loads of people out there that can't afford more than a hunnerd dollas for a device they absolutely do not need. So yes, it hurts sales of more expensive tablets.

When you drop the cost of something, people react. If your local grocery store ran a sale on some unknown brand of beer at a dollar a six-pack, it would hurt the sales of Bud or Coors.

Not sure if those that buy a tablet at the ninety nine dollar store need a tablet. I think they will be happy with the deal (it is a good one, I'll say) and perhaps they will purchase an iPad.

Jacoblee23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the 32gb. It isn't as good as the ipad2, but it is still a very good tablet, especially when you modify it. Well worth the money.

Most reactions