What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you buy a 99$ HP Touchpad?

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
With HP putting a hold on their Touchpad tablet, things got crazy. See the price dropped at 99$ for a 16G model...

Would you buy one?

VicoPad addict!

Attachments

• image-3347801038.png
    image-3347801038.png
    227.6 KB · Views: 425

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Probably not - warranty & support issues would bother me?

Also, there is an article in today's (i.e. Saturday) NY Times business section about HP possibly 'selling off' their desktop computer line (i.e. similar to IBM not too long ago) - are they going to concentrate on the laptop & tablet (or other) industry? Will be interesting? :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What apps are available? What's the point? I'd feel pretty annoyed, though, if I'd just paid $400 for one. Is there a rebate program?

Tim

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are not many people who will be annoyed because they over paid.... Less than one days worth of iPad sales....

Though I agree I would be miffed.

-t

OP
DrHouse

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
As a browser device to surf the net, I would consider it. Of course, you have to forget about upgrades, apps and so on... But having a device that can surf the web, play movies and music, check your emails... 99$ is kind of a great bargain...

VicoPad addict!

OP
DrHouse

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
iFrog said:
$99 will get you a NICE apple tv... HP is history now!

Already have one ;). But you cannot surf the web with the Apple TV, or bring it with you on the road...

VicoPad addict!

volcanopele

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I stood in line at Best Buy this morning to get one, but they didn't tell us until the store opened (about 20 of us in line) that they had already packed them off to HP last night.

While I already have an iPad 2, I would have used the TouchPad as my hack device. See what I can get away with on the device and follow the group that is trying to find a way to put Honeycomb on the device. Worst case scenario, I could always just give it to a friend of mine. I still have my iPad after all :)

singlestick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't see the point in buying an orphan device that is never going to be supported or upgraded by HP or anyone else. I can understand that some people might want to hack it, but general users should probably stay away. It's too bad that HP is getting out of the tablet and PC business.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read today that HP was going to give partial refunds to those that paid full price and choose to keep it, or full refunds on a return. Seems pretty "Stand up-ish" to me.

Most reactions