What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would you be interested in an iPad Mini (7" iPad)

Would you purchase an iPad Mini?

• Yes

Votes: 21 17.6%
  • Maybe, depends on X (enter in comments)

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • Maybe, depends on Price

Votes: 16 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 75 63.0%
  • Other (enter in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
applechick said:
I didn't think at first it would be something I would want, but honestly I would probably end up with one. I can't seem to contain myself when it comes to electronics!! dde01

Lol I'm just as bad!! Love my gadgets.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My friend just got a galaxy note, it's seems a nice phone but the most contrasting thing about it is how stupid the size of the screen is, is it a tablet or a phone? It just looks ridiculous and makes him look like he has midget hands (his words). I think that's around 7" but each to there own I suppose.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My friend just got a galaxy note, it's seems a nice phone but the most contrasting thing about it is how stupid the size of the screen is, is it a tablet or a phone? It just looks ridiculous and makes him look like he has midget hands (his words). I think that's around 7" but each to there own I suppose.

Lol, love my Galaxy Note. It's a phablet -- phone and tablet hybrid. I buy gadgets that work for me; don't care if others think they're stupid. I think men are more sensitive to being judged about size, lol. Women are loving the Galaxy Note. Samsung indicated that it was expecting women to really take to it early on, and they've issued a pink version in parts of Asia. For me, it's a great choice, because I can carry one device and get phablet usability. Samsung has sold 5 million already, so there are a lot of us who care more about what we want to use than what others think. Woot.

The Note is 5", by the way.

Last edited:

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fair play and yeah like I say each to there own lol it just reminds me of Dom Jollys trigger happy tv comedy sketch where he goes into a library on a massive fake mobile phone and shouts " HELLO YEAH IM IN THE LIBRARY, NO ITS CRAP IT'S FULL OF BOOKS, I CANT HEAR YOU RECEPTIONS CRAP" haha classic.......

Also is a phablet and actual word or have you just made that up lol I've never heard them called that before and just wondered if it was your clever play on words :)

Attachments

• image-2625687200.jpg
    image-2625687200.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fair play and yeah like I say each to there own lol it just reminds me of Dom Jollys comedy sketch where he goes into a library on a massive fake mobile phone and shouts " HELLO YEAH IM IN THE LIBRARY, NO ITS CRAP IT'S FULL OF BOOKS, I CANT HEAR YOU RECEPTIONS CRAP" haha classic.......

Not familiar with the ref, but laughs are good. I figure if my Note gives someone a needed laugh, all the better.

Years ago, I stuck with an old phone because it served my needs. I had it out and a male friend urged me to throw it away quickly, because he thought it was embarrassing, lol. Good thing my self-image can withstand any gadget, lol.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I totally agree since my iPhone died I bought a cheap £10 temporary phone, it's makes calls and texts it works simple but I've not even wanted to get a new phone again and I'm usually getting all the top phones and I pay cash for sim free when I can, I'm happy with the iPad and take it almost everywhere. Everyone I know goes for iPhones usually and I never really got on with my old 3GS so never replaced it. What do u use your galaxy for? I admit the screen resolution looked good.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Not familiar with the ref, but laughs are good. I figure if my Note gives someone a needed laugh, all the better.

Years ago, I stuck with an old phone because it served my needs. I had it out and a male friend urged me to throw it away quickly, because he thought it was embarrassing, lol. Good thing my self-image can withstand any gadget, lol.

Dom Joly......

The Archangel

Attachments

• image-2956811871.jpg
    image-2956811871.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 3,920

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I totally agree since my iPhone died I bought a cheap £10 temporary phone, it's makes calls and texts it works simple but I've not even wanted to get a new phone again and I'm usually getting all the top phones and I pay cash for sim free when I can, I'm happy with the iPad and take it almost everywhere. Everyone I know goes for iPhones usually and I never really got on with my old 3GS so never replaced it. What do u use your galaxy for? I admit the screen resolution looked good.

My uses: primarily news and other surfing, apps like ebooks, movies (took a bunch on SD card on a short trip with nothing but a small carry on, woot), audiobooks, notes, email. And calls, of course, lol.

I used three iPhones previously, and two or three Nokias before that, including the "embarrassing" one, lol.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Riley, phablet is an industry word -- to diffentiate among devices, especially useful when breaking down sales figures, for instance, among tablets, phones and phablets. Lots of refs if you google.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Riley, phablet is an industry word -- to diffentiate among devices, especially useful when breaking down sales figures, for instance, among tablets, phones and phablets. Lots of refs if you google.

That's cool I just wondered, I've never really explored it and just wondered if it was your own play on words :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's cool I just wondered, I've never really explored it and just wondered if it was your own play on words :)

It sounds goofy to me, but there needed to be some kind of word to describe the category. The Note is trailblazing the category really.

Funny thing is, I was just Skype-ing the friend who years ago was embarrassed by my phone, and I asked whether he wanted me to bring him a new iPad (because they haven't debuted in his country). He said no, because he was about to get a Galaxy Note, because he thought it would be more flexible than his iPhone. But he was worried that he'd look silly making calls with Note. At that point, I rolled my eyes, lol. I guess some people will always tie their gadgets to their image.

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think there is a market for a 7inch Ipad. It would probably do very well. It would give Amazon some competition in the 7 inch tablet arena, along with Samsung and their galaxy tab 7 plus and 7.7. People have different needs and preferences in the size of the devices they want to carry. The ipod touch is the same size as the iphone, so maybe they will make that a little larger.

I think a 7 inch tablet from Apple would sell very well. Just my thought.

bianx0x0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my ipod is old. time for an upgrade. ipad is too much. ipad mini seems perfect.

Most reactions

Latest posts