Would you be interested in a 7-inch Apple iPad?

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by JohnnyApple, Sep 21, 2010.

?

If you didn't own an iPad and were buying new, which version would you buy?

1. 9.7" Apple iPad

83.3%
  2. 7" Apple iPad

3.3%
  3. Depends on pricing difference

13.3%
  1. checkyoulater

checkyoulater
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    if there was a significant price difference then i would definitely buy a second 7" ipad for my better half :p...although who will end up with the smaller screen will be a long and hard debate.

$50 bucks ain't enough for me to get a 7" model over the 9" model though.

2. iTechboy

iTechboy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    If the 7 inch iPad is significantly lower in price and weight, I would definitely consider buying it. Otherwise, don't see a need for it as the current size is perfect. As far as portability, I just use my iPhone when I'm out and about.

3. iVan

iVan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I've said it from the beginning. A 7" iPad is just about the size of most ebook readers, thus as portable. To sell it must be cheaper than the iPad. With both these assets kids will flock to it as they have to the iPod Touch.

4. stever

stever
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    A 7" iPad would be worthless to me.

You gain very small advantage over iPads or over a Touch.
    . . . and you keep many of the disadvantages of each.

Bigger than a Touch, but still not big enough for flexible easy browsing.
    Smaller and lighter than an iPad, but still not small enough to throw in your pocket.

Many other similar comparisons come to mind, but those are a couple of examples.

I bought one of the early, 7" net books, . . .
    and after the first week, it is now still gathering desk on a shelf.
    Worthless.

5. Tinman

Tinman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Well today I woke up groggy and reached for my iPad in bed. Maybe I am a wimp but the thing felt like it weighed a ton.

As far as the comments about a 7" version being not much bigger than an iPod Touch... far from it: a 7" iPad screen would be a full four times the size screen of a Touch/iPhone. That is a huge increase to me and I think I would OK browsing on it. Would want same 1024*768 res as current iPad, of course.

Michael

6. DM51

DM51
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I would buy one - if it incorporated a phone. The size would be OK to fit in a coat pocket (OK, and a handbag lol) and you wouldn't have to carry both a phone + iPad around.

OK, you might look like a dork carrying a big phone around, but it would be handy enough to fit both purposes and be properly readable.

The only question is what Apple would call it. iMegaphone? iPadlet? They'll probably just be boring and call it the iPadMini.

7. Digikid

Digikid
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Install Skype....there is your phone.

8. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I got really interested in a tablet when I saw the Cruz that was up for pre-sale. Then, i saw the Galaxy tablet.

I decided I was going to replace my couch-surfing (mainly) net book with one of those tablets - once I did more research. But, I was definitely going to buy a tablet, it was just a matter of time.

Then my brain said, "wait, why are you replacing a 10" screen with a 7" screen for your web surfing"? I told my brain I had a good point and bought the iPad.

I figure that'd be the same even if a 7" iPad was in the mix. I already have an e-reader for books. The bigger screen of the iPad suits me perfectly.

YMMV.

Marilyn

9. pik0

pik0
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I'm much more interested in a full size iPad with at least a front camera for video conferencing. That and a faster processor as long as it doesn't kill battery life. Otherwise, the WiFi+3G unit I have fits the bill perfectly.

My wife is hoping there is an update in January so she can inherit my iPad... :)

Piko

10. thewebabout

thewebabout
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Imitations

Check this site: www . tabletpc2 . com

Imitations begin to emerge... So, I'd rather ask: Would you need a 7 inch tablet which is iPad like?