What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worth It To Move From 4.3.1 to 4.3.3?

Fudnock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope I'm not hijacking, just have a simple question, and if this should be it's own thread, please "make it so number one".

What i'm wondering is this, i'm currently jailbroken with 4.3.1 do you think it's worth the time, effort, and headache of backing everything up to go to 4.3.3 or should I wait another couple months until iOS 5 is readily available??

Thands dor your thoughts

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I made your own thread, Fudnock, because your question was off topic from the thread it was in.

That done - about your question. I assume you have saved your SHSH blobs for 4.3.3?

First, here's what the two updates you're missing fixed:

iOS version 4.3.2: Fixed issue with blank or frozen video during (or before) a FaceTime call and also fixed issue with connectivity to 3G networks on iPad 3G + WiFi.

iOS version 4.3.3: fixed the location cache issue (that was so big in the news) and no longer allows user to remove apps that have not been completely downloaded

After looking at that, I'd say no, don't bother, unless you're having issues with your iPad that might be addressed by these updates. But, if nothing's wrong, I wouldn't fix it. But, that's just me (and I'm lazy :D).

Now, that's not to guarantee in any way that iOS5 will be anything other than a tethered jailbreak, if jailbroken at all ... if for the iPad2. So, there's that.

But, now that you know what the newer versions did - you can decide...

Good luck.

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I did write a nice easy guide on upgrading your JB device here - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...des/26399-how-upgrade-your-ios-jailbreak.html

And to use that your will have to invest in PkgBackup, but it is worth its weight in gold as far as I'm concerned. But that still leaves your overarching question... Is the upgrade worth it...

The main updates to those OS's were minor. There were apparently battery improvements. Always welcome, but likely to only be slight. And if you have a 3G iPad and were suffering any 3G problems (as I was!) the upgrade cerainly made that better. Finally, the location tracking bug was sorted.

So if the sum of those 3 things doesn't interest you or is not valid because you don't have a 3G iPad, then I would probably say stay where you are.

But, don't assume an untethered JB for iOS5 will be out anytime soon after launch. There will be a bunch of hurdles to overcome, so 4.3.3 could be the golden firmware for a while, just like 4.2.1 was for a while "back in the day" :)

Hope that helps.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oooh. It's good to see two mods post nearly the same advice at nearly the same time... phew! :)

You read my mind Marilyn. Either that, or I channelled you!

Most reactions

Latest posts