1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Worried about ipad 2 & HDMI adaptor

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by squib, Feb 15, 2013.

1. squib

squib iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +551 / 0
  2. rdkendrick

rdkendrick iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Perhaps the adaptor he bought was used and had a dirty connector, who knows? As for it being expensive, I think mine was only like $29 at BestBuy. I watch NetFlix through the Wii, but watch Crackle and other's through the adaptor.
    The Apple TV is $99 at BestBuy. You might consider buying a Roku2 box, as it was $10 cheaper and offered several different internet channels.
  3. squib

squib iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +551 / 0
    I don't know but there were a LOT of people who's cable set ups were working just fine and then they updated to IOS 6 and things started going wrong! I put in a for a chat support and the person who I messaged with hadn't heard of it so I told him about the apple community support where I read about it and he told me that I just have to unplug my router for 5 min.s and it will reset to the updated version and all will be fine. I hope he is right! Thanks everyone for input, Squib
  4. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    Mine has always been slightly temperamental across the ios's i,ve used on my ipad2. And i know it's down to dust and dirt. Give my connector a good blow and it works a treat again. Sounds simple, but does the trick for me.
  5. rdkendrick

rdkendrick iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I finally got tired of switching cables, so I bought Apple TV. Now I can do it all wirelessly. Apple TV is $99. All you do is hook it to one of your HDMI ports via the HDMI cable.