What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup Live on iPad?!?!

MSaxatilus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well another 4 years has come and gone and we are on the verge of another World Cup, this time from South Africa!

I beleive here in the states the majority of the games will be covered by Fox, ESPN and possibly ABC? Does anyone know if it will be possible to live stream the games to an iPad?

I have only seen apps that provide match data, team info, results, etc., but no live feeds.

Any thoughts?

MSax

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Justin.tv will do it but their feed is iffy and downright choppy.
I'm also interested in finding a good stream. Unless I get a Slingbox...

OP
M

MSaxatilus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did a bit of searching around and it looks like Univision.com (Spanish) and ESPN3.com will be streaming live match video. That might work. Also Sky Television in the UK has an app coming out, but that may be pretty poor quality for us US users.

....more digging.

MSax

tail24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Buy an eyetv tivo for comp or a sling box and there corresponding app and you are good to go

Robertt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Canadian official channel for the WCup is The CBC network but they only stream in Flash...

Well thank God that Steve Jobs has protected us from that! I feel so much better knowing that no evil flash content will appear on my screen.

OP
M

MSaxatilus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm.... couple of days away and no real concrete solution to watch the games live.

Yikes.

MSax

OP
M

MSaxatilus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ESPN3.com will stream the games, but there is two problems. 1) your internet service provider has to offer ESPN3 and 2) if it does, it uses FLASH.:(

MSax

candafilm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could go the expensive route and use Slingbox to stream a cable or satellite signal to your iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts