1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Working in Keynote

Discussion in 'iWork Forum' started by reisuka, Sep 13, 2011.

1. reisuka

reisuka iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey guys,

I've been using Pages and Keynote on the iPad for the past couple of weeks and it's been a generally good experience. However, I can't seem to figure out how I can change the vertical spacing between bullet points in Keynote. I remember having to fiddle with the paragraph spacing option in the OSX version of Keynote, but there doesn't appear to be one in the iPad version.

It's gotta exist, right? The elephant-like gaps between each separate bullet point is frustrating me to no end. Would appreciate some enlightenment!
  2. reisuka

reisuka iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just to add on - line spacing doesn't work because apparently Keynote (and Powerpoint?) treats each bullet point as a separate paragraph. So all line spacing really does is compress the spacing between the text, but the bullet points remain as far away as ever.
  3. Bimjo

Bimjo iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Might just be the template that you're using. If you have access to Keynote on a Mac you can adjust the spacing between bullets by choosing View|Show Master Slides and pick a slide with bullets.

Then using the Text portion of the Inspector panel you can adjust the spacing using the Line Spacing and Before/After paragraph options. You'll need to play to see which works best for your particular application.

Unfortunately, I don't think you can't get there from here with just an iPad and Keynote.

hth
  4. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,987 / 1
    Under the info controls choose Layout, scroll to the bottom and change the line spacing. You still can't make it supper tight (.5 seems to be the limit) but you can make it better.

If you select the entire list, you can change the spacing at once. If you change the line spacing while still entering the fist item, it caries though the list.
  5. Bimjo

Bimjo iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thanks Mikel, I missed that one. :)
  6. reisuka

reisuka iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the suggestions guys! Took me a while to get it right but it's good to know that I don't have to be tied to OSX just to fix some formatting. :)