What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Working in Keynote

reisuka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been using Pages and Keynote on the iPad for the past couple of weeks and it's been a generally good experience. However, I can't seem to figure out how I can change the vertical spacing between bullet points in Keynote. I remember having to fiddle with the paragraph spacing option in the OSX version of Keynote, but there doesn't appear to be one in the iPad version.

It's gotta exist, right? The elephant-like gaps between each separate bullet point is frustrating me to no end. Would appreciate some enlightenment!

OP
reisuka

reisuka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to add on - line spacing doesn't work because apparently Keynote (and Powerpoint?) treats each bullet point as a separate paragraph. So all line spacing really does is compress the spacing between the text, but the bullet points remain as far away as ever.

Bimjo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Might just be the template that you're using. If you have access to Keynote on a Mac you can adjust the spacing between bullets by choosing View|Show Master Slides and pick a slide with bullets.

Then using the Text portion of the Inspector panel you can adjust the spacing using the Line Spacing and Before/After paragraph options. You'll need to play to see which works best for your particular application.

Unfortunately, I don't think you can't get there from here with just an iPad and Keynote.

hth

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Under the info controls choose Layout, scroll to the bottom and change the line spacing. You still can't make it supper tight (.5 seems to be the limit) but you can make it better.

If you select the entire list, you can change the spacing at once. If you change the line spacing while still entering the fist item, it caries though the list.

OP
reisuka

reisuka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys! Took me a while to get it right but it's good to know that I don't have to be tied to OSX just to fix some formatting. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts