What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

word wrap functionality

akshaysalkar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I needed to know 2 functionalities

1) If PDF reading with word-wrap functionality is there ?

2) Web broswer has word-wrap functionalitiy ?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
PDF is based on a layout standard for printing. The whole idea is that the page will always look the same. If there is an iPad app that will break the PDF formatting and word-wrap, I don't know of it. That's not to say it does not exist, just that I don't know of one.

There are some computer apps that will attempt to reformat a PDF into an ePub or other ebook format. The success rate depends heavily on the PDF, and generally works 'ok' at best.

All web browsers word-wrap, unless the formatting/coding of the site prevents it. Safari (and third party browses) on the iPad are no different. However, Safari normally just zooms in and out of a page without changing the font size, and there is no tool for changing the font size. To get around this you can use a bookmarklet that will increase/decrease the font size on a page you are viewing.

You'll find instructions for doing that here: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/72353-guide-creating-safari-bookmarklets.html#post519309

Some third party browses, like Atomic, have the ability to change font size built in.

Most reactions

Latest posts