What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Word to PDF's?

TracySC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have lots of word files that I need to transfer into PDF's to put onto my ibooks, does anyone know of a quick way to do this other than the by opening each file individual and converting? Is there a 'quick way' to batch convert?

Thankyou

sdleasia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use a program called "pdf redirect".
PDF ReDirect - CNET Download.com

Download, install. Saves your docs a PDF file. Just print your word doc and use pdf redirect as the printer. I have also used Novapdf, but it leaves a "watermark" at the botton unless you get the right version, and format the print correctly.

Not sure about the batch convert though.
Might want to try this link below. You can copy a shortcut to your pdf redirect (or whatever pdf printer you have) to the "Send To" list. Then you could select mulitple docs and "Send To" the printer.
Customize the Windows 7 “Send To” Menu Option — Mobile Technology News

Edit #2 This is a better procedure to add a printer to the Sent to list:
http://www.ghacks.net/2007/11/22/create-send-to-entry-for-non-default-printers/

I actually tried selecting multiple files, right clck, then send to... a pdf printer. Seems both proggys want open Word or Excel before printing, and it happens fast enough to lock things up. Need to figure out a pause between the pdf conversion to make it work smoothly. Don't hold your breath. You had a good question, something that can come in handy with a lot of folks.

Last edited:
OP
T

TracySC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thankyou for your reply - lots to read - I will look into your links, thankyou once again.

ipad2iloveu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you can also try PDFReaderLite, with it you can transfer word files in to PDF and you can write on them,too.

ashlora

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i think PDFReaderLite is the best solution for you.....

Most reactions

Latest posts