What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Word processor questions

Ironquack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am not very knowledgeable about all of this. I have an ipad and am enjoying it a great deal. I would like to use it to read, edit, and occasionally start Microsoft documents exchanging the documents between 3 different computers. I will mainly be using word, much less often powerpoint and almost never Excel. I have Windows 7 on the other computers with office 2010. I have read many reports on these programs and suspect that I will just put a crowbar into my wallet and buy one and try another if that doesn't deal entirely with what I need. I like the look of Pages but one sees reports of compatibility issues. I also note some difficulty in using the cloud without using another program (formerly free, now 5 dollars a month). My documents are relatively simple but I do sometimes use tables, and charts. Given my specific needs, can you suggest pages with an alternate less expensive transferring program or should I go with Office2 HD or Documents 2 Go premium etc. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Preacherman23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased Office to Go Premium because I can edit PowerPoint with it also.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

dlo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Notability and love it. I use Dropbox as opposed to transferring files or just emailing it to myself. A lot of the word processors now have DropBox incorporated into them. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad 2 White 32GB WiFi using iPF

isaac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know about Office2HD. I use DocsToGo and I think it is better tan Quick office

Most reactions