What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

word processer

grasshopper99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For my money... Apple's Pages. The GUI is slightly clunky for my taste, but it is fast and functions perfectly. Tons of templates are included. Unfortunately if you need really fancy stuff, you'll need to use yer desktop...

And, it requires the internet to function. Correct?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And, it requires the internet to function. Correct?

The only time you would need Internet with pages is if you wanted to share your document with others by sending it as an email attachment. I like Pages and pretty amazed how it works nicely with Microsoft word for simple documents.

grasshopper99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not just for Pages, but for any app, read the critical reviews before you spend money on an app. If the most recent critical reviews are problems you can live with, then okay. I just read the most critical reviews for Pages.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
can you get some sort of word processer for the ipad?

UXwrite is a very good app, but unfortunately costs over £17. It has amazing features, works offline and auto synchs when re-connected to the Internet

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Luber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope. It's a stand-alone app for iPad, iPhone and iPod. You CAN connect to wifi printers (AirPrint compatible), iCloud, Dropbox etc if you want though.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nope. It's a stand-alone app for iPad, iPhone and iPod. You CAN connect to wifi printers (AirPrint compatible), iCloud, Dropbox etc if you want though.

Blurb states "fully automatic Dropbox and WebDav synchronisation" - and it works great. Also files are accessible in Word.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts