What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

word processer

Luber905

iPF Noob
Reaction score
EverNote is free and while it's not actually labelled a word processor per se, it functions well for me for basic note-taking, letter writing etc. iA Writer is 99 cents, more options for full-fledged word processing but still a simple, straight forward and very fast app to use and navigate. EverNote syncs with their proprietary account. iA Writer syncs with iCloud as well as DropBox.

grasshopper99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jerrycolorado said:
Is there a word processor app that edits off line

I would also like to know if there is a word processor that works offline as well. CloudOn requires the Internet in order to function.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
grasshopper99 said:
I would also like to know if there is a word processor that works offline as well. CloudOn requires the Internet in order to function.

Plenty of word document editors out there, better ones are QuickOfficeHD and Docs2Go. There are others, of course. Go check out the App Store, plenty there.

grasshopper99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dhewson777 said:
Plenty of word document editors out there, better ones are QuickOfficeHD and Docs2Go. There are others, of course. Go check out the App Store, plenty there.

Read the critical remarks of QuickOffice. And what? Doc2Go? Not there.

grasshopper99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rosaura1234 said:
There are many.And the Pages developed by the apple is great and you can try.

I guess Pages would work. It is a very basic word processor on the IPad, not like the Pages on a Mac. Read the critical reviews.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
grasshopper99 said:
QuickOfficeHD has critically poor recommendations. Docs2Go? No results.

Most of the poor reviews are to do with features from Microsoft Office they assumed would be in QuickofficePro HD. The fact is, no Office suite on iPad has that much functionality.

Quickoffice is solid because of its robust nature and it's cloud storage integration. I cannot comment on others because I do not have them. I am happy for general use, ie. creating a document, where I am generally taking notes, etc. I export to Word on my PC at work when I need to format or present to others. I have also used it for some Excel work in our warehouse, taking inventory, etc.

My apologies for Docs2Go, I used and abbreviation I'd seen other users use. It is called Documents to Go. As with QuickOffice, there are a few versions.

kathrynkatied

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use microsoft word on my laptop to write snail mail letters to my friends I can connect to my printer of course. What would you think is the best option to do the same using my ipad - I'd prefer a free option to try before I buy but wouldn't mind buying an app if its going to be the best/easiest way. Nothing complicated please as I really am dim when using technology, and I would prefer not to have to be internet connected to use.

Last edited:

grasshopper99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use microsoft word on my laptop to write snail mail letters to my friends I can connect to my printer of course. What would you think is the best option to do the same using my ipad - I'd prefer a free option to try before I buy but wouldn't mind buying an app if its going to be the best/easiest way. Nothing complicated please as I really am dim when using technology, and I would prefer not to have to be internet connected to use.

I have yet to find a word processor that works offline. Documents is free, but works online, and requires you to upgrade and pay. Cloudon needs the Internet.

Luber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For my money... Apple's Pages. The GUI is slightly clunky for my taste, but it is fast and functions perfectly. Tons of templates are included. Unfortunately if you need really fancy stuff, you'll need to use yer desktop...

Most reactions

Latest posts