Word 2010 Review Function on iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad for Business and Education' started by patnshan, Jan 18, 2012.

1. patnshan

patnshan iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,
    For work, I review lots of Word documents written by other people. On my PC, I like to use the "review" function to add notes for the writer inside the document. I am currently trying out good reader, pages, cloudon, and onlive to read and review these documents. It looks like onlive will do what I wish however, it appears to be functional only while online. I'd prefer a solution that will work offline. Any ideas? Please let me know if I am not being clear enough. Basically, I want some way to add notations to a word doc, save them, and send them to the writer so that they can read them.
    Thanks for any help!
    Pat

2. Somerled

Somerled iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0
    At this time, no. There is no Word compatible viewer/editor that supports "Review" for iOS devices. Keep your fingers crossed that Microsoft follows through on its promise to release Office for iOS.

3. patnshan

patnshan iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's maddening actually:). I'll stick with onlive desktop then, as it emulates a full office 2010 suite with the only hitch being that you must be online. 2GB of storage is free. Plenty for text docs. I usually am on wifi but hate to be restricted like that. I guess I'll just tether my iPhone when wifi isn't available.
    Thanks much,
    Pat