What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Won't turn on!!

emmafirth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, I have had my iPad has been discharged for a while :( plugged it in to start using it and it won't come on, any ideas??

OP
E

emmafirth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Gabriel,

I have tried that but nothing :( hoping I haven't killed my iPad :(

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In saying its been discharged for some time I'd assume that means you let it reach 0% charge and have just decided to use it again? If so you may need to leave your iPad plugged into its charger for some time before you get anything from it. It would also be worth checking that your using the required 10v (I think) charger as the normal apple chargers can't actually charge an iPad up.

Proud owner of a 32GB wifi iPad2 iOS5.

Popcorntoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem. If I turn the ipad2 completely off using the switch, the only way I can turn it on again is by connecting to the computer. I have tried holding the start and home button together, i just get the Apple logo for a couple of seconds and then nothing, it is fully charged.
Hope someone can help, i have been searching the forumsn for ages but unable to find a solution.
Thanks
Sam from Oz

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
After you've turned off the iPad by doing the "slide to power off" action, you turn it back on by holding the top button (the one on the side opposite from the big Home button) until you see the white Apple logo. After a bit, your screen should appear. IOW, you don't need to hold both buttons to turn the iPad back on.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Popcorntoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After you've turned off the iPad by doing the "slide to power off" action, you turn it back on by holding the top button (the one on the side opposite from the big Home button) until you see the white Apple logo. After a bit, your screen should appear. IOW, you don't need to hold both buttons to turn the iPad back on.
Hope this helps.

Marilyn

That's what i thought you were supposed to do, but it doesnt work, the Apple logo apprears fior a couple of seconds and then goes blank. Thats why i tried doing the start and home button together but that doesnt work either. The only thing that works is connecting to the computer. I just dont turn it off any more unless i have to mainly to clean the screen, I just close it and the cover puts it to sleep, but I'd still like to know what is happening.:(

Sam from Oz

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Huh. That's definitely odd (and annoying!) behavior!

Since you are, essentially, trying our tried and true "tricks" or restarting or resetting, which aren't working, may I suggest you make an appointment with TW Genius Bar at an Apple Store?

Cause that is NOT normal behavior and probably only they can help or explain it.

Sorry we couldn't assist. Good luck.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts