What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Won't open certain websites

sharonap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad 2 has the most recent ios update. It won't open certain websites [e.g. roku.com] that never gave me a problem before. I get error message that connection to server timed out. Also, it is very slow now.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

Is your iPad up to date? The latest software is 9.3.1. It fixed a problem with Safari not opening website links and crashing.

OP
S

sharonap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

Is your iPad up to date? The latest software is 9.3.1. It fixed a problem with Safari not opening website links and crashing.
yes. just installed it but the problem occurred before as well.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you haven't done so yet, reboot your iPad. Press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. As soon as it's visible, let go of both buttons. Your device will power up on it's own.

If this doesn't help, restore your iPad using iTunes. Make sure there's a most recent backup to restore from (iCloud or iTunes). Connect your iPad to iTunes and restore it. This will install a fresh version of the latest software on your device, and should help getting rid of your issue.

Most reactions

Latest posts