What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Won't fully charge!

pacemaker1000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I put my ipad3 on charge every night but it very rarely charges to 100%
I have tried different chargers and leads and different states. Ie cover off and on, homepage etc
In the morning it will say 'not charging' yet only be say 70% done

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try this to recalibrate the battery indicator:

Use Your iPad Regularly
For proper reporting of the battery’s state of charge, be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely running it down).

-- Apple - Batteries - iPad

All this does is make sure that the battery indicator is reporting your battery percentage correctly, but that may be all that's wrong.

OP
P

pacemaker1000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try this to recalibrate the battery indicator:

All this does is make sure that the battery indicator is reporting your battery percentage correctly, but that may be all that's wrong.

dont think the indicator is a problem as if i manually disconnect the cable and then re-insert i can get to 100%
problem is it is hit and miss like it gives up charginf for no reason in the middle of the night

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'd try it anyway, just to see what happens.

You should also restart and/or reset the iPad, if you have not done so since the problems started.

If it still does not seem to be working correctly contact Apple. If the iPad is less than a year old, or you bought AppleCare the battery should still be under warrantee for anything more than normal loss of capacity. If it's the battery, which seems most likely.

If not under warrantee, I believe Apple will replace the battery for about $100. Some third party repair shops will do it for less, but check to make sure they are certified and/or have a reliable reputation. If the battery is damaged when installed it can become a fire hazard.

-------------------------------------
Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart. takes a bit longer than a restart.

Most reactions