What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wondering what age ip2 will be when its no longer operable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No way to know at only 9 months or so of public use. Battery life excluded, buttons weaken and break we take them in and outdoors at times ( sudden temperature change is not ideal for any electronic device ) condensation is as bad as common invisible dust ... My iPad stays in an air conditioned condo 24/7 since the ride home from Walmart 6 months ago and I am pretty much a case accessories guy so it is what I consider an easy environment to last as long as possible. This Gumdrop-drop series ,rubber case and screen overlay keeps it cacooned and new as day 1. I have no intention of selling it along side of my 3rd gen ip3 which gets here any day now.
A smart cover would be to times advantage by keeping from using power button or home button coupled with using the virtual , floating home button which I love since its appearance on 5.0.1 update day a couple of months ago.
All considered I guess my ipad2 will last in perfect condition for 3 years , minus the 6 months it has already been pleasuring me. Wonder what apple feels is their useful life ? Original iPad s are still going strong from what I can tell. My buddy would not part with his original for nothing. He wants to show it off 50 years from now he says. "Not operating " I tell him. He saves everything. I'm thinking 3years is the limit on devices like ours although I have a Casio alarm clock on my night stand that I inboxes in 1982 which works perfectly

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
the iPad should last many years. Who knows how long it will take to break.

The only thing is that it will stop receiving iOS updates once apple decides to drop it from the iOS life cycle. This is about 3 years before devices get dropped from updates.

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Three years is the typical life cycle off an apple item, however they can continue to operate much longer. For instance someone I know just now finally replaced their iPhone 2g but only because they broke the screen . A co-worker is using an old iPod from 2006. My original iPad is still being used(by my kids).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions