What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WMWiFiRouter + Imagio (HTC) & iPad = Internet??

jerliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad w/wifi not 3g.

Question: How to use my Imagio (HTC) mobile phone (3g) as a "modem" to connect my iPad to the Internet? I’ve heard of some who have used WMWiFiRouter with other smart phones and connected to the internet through iPad's WiFi settings.

Has anyone done similarly with the Imagio (or other smart phone) and the iPad?

Thanks for any detailed help or direction

Jer (male half of the jerliz combo)

LDBecker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are several of us who successfully use WMWiFiRouter with our iPads. Do a quick search on the forum to find further info.

I Googled your phone and the software and I came up with this support page that lists your phone as working with the router program:

WMWifiRouter - Support - Compatible Devices

They have a trial period that lets you see if it works before you buy. That's what I did with my TouchPro 2 (Sprint) and by the end of the trial I was hooked.

Couple of notes on this: 3G speed ISN'T as fast as a decent WiFi connection, but it does work and is usable for many things - probably not video streaming, but for most web content, etc. Also, make sure you have an adequate data contract with your carrier (Verizon?) - otherwise you're going to get a nasty surprize on your cell bill!

Larry

OP
J

jerliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys ... Was just thinking about one of those situations where it is a pain to get on line ... And having this as a quick, temp/short-term fix would solve the dilemma

Jer

Most reactions

Latest posts