What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wlan just dropped out?

theTimo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if this topic has been covered earlier. My 3rd gen iPad refuses to connect my wlan after several weeks of flawless function. The security settings are correct and it doesn't connect either with DCHP nor with predefined IP address. The wlan works with a laptop and a smartphone, so it should be ok. Could someone be kind and tell what's going on?

coolstuffs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if this topic has been covered earlier. My 3rd gen iPad refuses to connect my wlan after several weeks of flawless function. The security settings are correct and it doesn't connect either with DCHP nor with predefined IP address. The wlan works with a laptop and a smartphone, so it should be ok. Could someone be kind and tell what's going on?

Try deleting the connection entry in your ipad. Restart your ipad. Then setup your connection again.

OP
theTimo

theTimo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you mean forgetting my wlan and rebooting, it didn't help... The odd thing is I have my Samsung Galaxy in my other hand and it finds the wlan ok...

Sent from the iPad using iPF. No more, no less.

coolstuffs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you mean forgetting my wlan and rebooting, it didn't help... The odd thing is I have my Samsung Galaxy in my other hand and it finds the wlan ok...

Try connecting your ipad as the only device to your router. That is, disconnect the other devices with the ipad as the only one connected. If you still have the problem, you can try re-initializing (power off then power on)the router.

Last edited:

OldrThanDrt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you sure that two of your devices don't have the same IP address? Especially since you are trying a "predefined" IP address. You might also try the Renew Lease button.

OP
theTimo

theTimo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
coolstuffs said:
Try connecting your ipad as the only device to your router. That is, disconnect the other devices with the ipad as the only one connected. If you still have the problem, you can try re-initializing (power off then power on)the router.

That didn't help either... Thanks anyway.

OP
theTimo

theTimo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OldrThanDrt said:
Are you sure that two of your devices don't have the same IP address? Especially since you are trying a "predefined" IP address. You might also try the Renew Lease button.

No, since there are only the SGS and the laptop. They are both powered off and no cigar...

E: must be the routers. There are not that many settings in the iPad. Gotta check the bridging and the lease time if they make a difference... Frustrating.

Last edited:

coolstuffs

iPF Noob
Reaction score

May I ask questions pertaining to your thread?
1.) Can you provide info where this topic is covered earlier?
2.) What have you done to solve this problem?

Thanks.

OP
theTimo

theTimo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
May I ask questions pertaining to your thread?
1.) Can you provide info where this topic is covered earlier?
2.) What have you done to solve this problem?

Thanks.

1. The reason I doubted it was covered earlier was the basic nature of the problem. Haven't checked it...
2. The lease time of the gateway router was increased and that seemed to help.

Most reactions

Latest posts