What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wit's end!

mentmorian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello!
I would be so grateful if someone could help.

I have an iPhone, which backed up/sync'd fine until I launched my new iPad for the first time. Now neither my iPhone or iPad will back up, I tried letting my iPhone back up overnight and it got through less than an eighth of the backing up icon.

I've tried 'reseting warnings' to not allow crash warnings back to apple. I've unticked all heavy apps (not many at all) and unticked all music and photos so nothing actually has to sync apart from notes. I've set it so both only sync manually.

Each time I try and launch either, it says new software available, then it just tries to back up again and the same thing happens. Nothing. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

OP
M

mentmorian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
but doesn't that lose all my data?

If I restore, doesn't that just wipe everything and I'm back to square 1?:confused:

OP
M

mentmorian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying restore - it has just extracted software and now has gone to backing up iPhone box with that bloomin' green line just meandering across with nothing else happening!

Most reactions

Latest posts