What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wishlist?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not that I can find.

I didn't even know there was a wish list, so I went to iTunes on the computer, and sure enough there it was. Imagine my surprise when I opened it and found stuff inside. Turns out that if the suddenly missing, and missed, shopping cart had anything in it, it was dumped to he wish list when things changed. That was months ago. Wonder how I missed seeing it.

Anyway, I suppose we will have to wait until the next OS update and hope Apple includes wish list access on iDevices then.

OP
nickdclements

nickdclements

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yup, and thats why i bother to ask questions i already know the answer too. one, because there is always the off chance i'll be proved wrong, and two, someone else might find it informative. :)

the whole "wishlist" seems very half baked. on the device, in the app store app, you have the option "Gift This App" which would go hand in hand with a wishlist. but as we know, there is no way to access your wish list, and certainly not someone else's. which is really where it's at. who's just going to randomly buy and app for someone? and even if you do/would you can only hope itunes would be smart/kind enough to tell you whether or not your "friend" already has it. see, if you're going to bother to have a "gift this app" option, (believing in the generosity of people) it only make sense that there be a way to see what your "friends" would want in the first place.

but for me, i don't really believe in wishing, and i certainly don't expect someone to "gift" me and app! so really my "wishlist" is just more of a "save for later" list, or bookmark, favorite, star.... something! it really is ridiculous how weak the app store app is. i mean on the computer you have all this great functionality, which is great, but the whole point to the iPad is it's portability!!! so i prefer to look for apps, portably.

now, being "stubborn" if you will, i'm used to having to find ways of doing things that are already "solved" by doing them other ways. so whats my solution to a "wishlist" on the go? email of course! taking advantage of the "tell a friend" option i email myself the app info. taking it a step further, i set up a filter/rule to put the ipad app emails in their own folder. and then i can just go to my email and voila, a wishlist! and then, when you are on the computer, you can go through and add them to the itunes wish list too.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That's an nice solution. I'm afraid I just open EverNote and add the app to my ever expanding list of someday's, with a couple of reminders of why I think I might want the app.

But I'm more likely to find an app I'm interested in through an RSS feed or other app, so adding to the iTunes list is just an extra step.

AppShopper app has a wish list too, I noticed. I haven't take then time to check it out yet. Only started looking at them a week ago.

Lavenderlady*w*iPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use AppShopper wish list all the time. When ever I look at an app, if there is the smallest chance I might at some time want it, I add it to my wish list. The best thing about it is you get notifications when there is a change in price or it is updated. I've picked up several of the apps I've wanted on sale because of it.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use AppShopper wish list all the time. When ever I look at an app, if there is the smallest chance I might at some time want it, I add it to my wish list. The best thing about it is you get notifications when there is a change in price or it is updated. I've picked up several of the apps I've wanted on sale because of it.

I do the same thing.
AppShopper, is THE application I use daily. I Open it up every morning, looking for applications that became Free.

butterfly68za

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found a work around for those who love Evernote (and no, I'm not promoting them). Evernote gives you an email address with which you can email stuff to your account. Within the App Store on the iPad, click on the "Tell a friend", then select your Evernote email address which you have added to your contact list, and walla, create your Wish List section in Evernote, that is, until Apple adds this feature to the next iOS. I will for sure have a look at AppShopper, as I only learnt of it today on this forum when looking for a better solution.

Now you know why my computer is feeling rejected lately, cause I do everything on the iPad :D

Edit: Had a look at AppShopper, a much better and preferred system :D

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts