What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wish the Ipad came with a Manual.

lorieanne66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received my IPad in September as a birthday gift. Little did I know that it didn't come with instructions. Using it was no problem for me but I felt like I wasn't using all the features. After endless searches and getting bits and pieces from the internet I ran into IPad video lessons. Holy cow I had no idea how many features I was missing out on. I can say now I am a professional IPadder. lol

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I received my IPad in September as a birthday gift. Little did I know that it didn't come with instructions. Using it was no problem for me but I felt like I wasn't using all the features. After endless searches and getting bits and pieces from the internet I ran into IPad video lessons. Holy cow I had no idea how many features I was missing out on. I can say now I am a professional IPadder. lol

A simple search in Safari under "apple manual" or "apple user guide" would lead you to:
manuals.info.apple.com/en/ipad_user_guide.pdf. Doesn't take long.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

andrzejls

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, the point is that we pay a lot of money for Apple products. It would be nice to have such manual preinstalled, but I gues that would put to big dent in Apple profits, so no manual. Users you on your own, Apple.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a manual supplied with Safari. It's in your bookmarks.

And the full manual is available from Apple, by using the link scifan supplied. It's also available as a link in my signature line.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
all companies should follow it to save paper and green planet and stuff;)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
By the way, there should have been a small, easily overlooked card in you iPad's box. It has instructions (links) on one side to most of the sources listed above. So, Apple did supply you with a manual and choices of how to access it. Just not a pound of paper.

I understand that they choose to be elegant and understated in the packaging, but in the case of that card they would probably save a lot of grief if it was four times the size and bright orange.

Then again, knowing how I usually dump the packaging and documentation out with barely a glance, I'm sure it would still get overlooked by many people. ;)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe Apple could pre-program the device to bring the manual up on screen as soon as you first set it up?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Maybe Apple could pre-program the device to bring the manual up on screen as soon as you first set it up?

Maybe, but my cynical side suggests that we'd see at least one complaint about being forced to read a 493 page manual before you can use the iPad. :D

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I still have not read any manual. If you need to read the manual, the software ain't designed right.

Besides, just hit a few apple devoted website and you pick up most of what you need.

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
Well, the point is that we pay a lot of money for Apple products. It would be nice to have such manual preinstalled, but I gues that would put to big dent in Apple profits, so no manual. Users you on your own, Apple.

Cause the iPad is so difficult to use. More technology and products are coming with links or small cards pointing to the manuals. Not including paper manuals actually saves money both the companies and consumers. And in a world trying to be green, the less paper used the better... Besides, if the put a manual app on the device, someone would complain that apple was wasting storage on something they didn't want.

How hard is it to click a link?

Otto8888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tip do what us kids do mess around with everything I never used a iPad before but as soon as I got it I knew everything about it

readyfreddie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you can download it from the apps store and place it on your book shelf, that's what my wife did. Freddie

Most reactions

Latest posts