What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wirelessly connect to projectors in multiple classrooms

boazcat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm at a school and have to change rooms throughout the day... Is there an effective way to use my ipad2 through the computer in each room to be seen on the projector? It doesn't necessarily need to be app driven... Need PDFs as well.

We have wireless access all over campus.

Possible?

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
One idea: With the help of an Apple TV which connects to the projector (HDMI or with a converter to VGA) you could mirror your iPad's screen. This, of course, requires that you carry the Apple TV with you, from class room to class room. No need to use the PC. The package you carry around will get bigger: iPad, Apple TV with power cord, (VGA converter with power cord if necessary)

Does this make sense?

Knut

chem1472

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Boazcat having the same trouble. Have Splashtop app which mirrors desktop - works fine at home but at school it keeps disconnecting. Any other suggestions for fixes?

OP
B

boazcat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The apple tv makes sense, but the projectors are mounted on the ceiling. It would be impractical to have cords hanging down in the middle of the classroom....

Any other ideas?

Kricke

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Yes, I agree, but is this any different with the projector connected to the PC?
I understand that your present setting is a projector connected to a PC in each class room. Unless you have the PC connected wirelessly to the projector you have already a cord coming from the projector. If you remove this cord from the PC's VGA out and connect it to the Apple TV, well, then there is no change in the wiring.
Or do I miss something?

Knut

OP
B

boazcat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, the cords can be switched...however some of the towers are under the desk making it impractical to crawl under and switch...

I went to a training session a year ago and someone mentioned a Vcn (or vnc) viewer app for $35 that would mirror, but I can't find that anymore... Any ideas?

Most reactions

Latest posts