What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless Video camera directly to ipad for live viewing

dvmweb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have video camera (otoscope) that communicates wirelessly to a usb receiver on my Windows netbook in real time. Made and marketed by firefly (http://www.fireflyglobal.com/video-otoscope-de550/). It works nicely.

Does anyone have an idea of how to make this work, easily of course, with my iPad 2 for a bigger and better picture. The salesperson said it would be about a year before the company has an ipad app. I haven't tried the usb reciever directly in to the ipad via an adaptor. I would suspect that wouldn't work.

Thanks in advance.
Walt
MI/USA

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You are correct. Without an app by the company the iPad will not stream video directly from the camera, USB, wi-fi, or otherwise. Sorry.

The best you can do is copy any video files to the iPad afterwards; assuming they are compatible. Not all video camera's are, in which case the video would have to be reformatted first.

Last edited:

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The camera image is only 720x480 pixels, so your iPad would not display it in more detail. If you just want it larger, why not simply plug a large monitor into your netbook?

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

OP
D

dvmweb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have found that I can get a receiver for a television. I think I'll do that. Then I can plug the supplied usb receiver in the office computer to save the pictures. Thanks for the thoughts.

OP
D

dvmweb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have found that I can get a receiver for a television. I think I'll do that. Then I can plug the supplied usb receiver in the office computer to save the pictures. Thanks for the thoughts.

OP
D

dvmweb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This company has an adapter for a television. I'll try that.

OP
D

dvmweb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sorry for the double/triple post

I was on the road, and of course I hit send a few times.

Most reactions

Latest posts