What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless survey app for IPad!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you talk about 'wireless' are you talking WiFi, analog or digital radio, cellular? Not quite sure what particular wireless service you were interested in.

Tim

dgsmith80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would be interested to know the answer to this, we use Cisco Aironet Access Points and I would love to be able to perform site surveys with my iPad on both existing sites as well as new sites.

TonyS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are several in Cydia for jailbroken iPads, if you search for 'wifi'

"wififofum" seems decent enough.
"wifibooster" - is probably OK, but it's a paid App with a deceptive name.
(it does NOT boost your wifi reception. not at all.)

For stock, non-jailbroken iPad, you probably won't find much. Even after google WiFi site survey apps for Mac OS i found only one free app called Netspot. The bottom line is that while iPad is an attractive platform, one can't use it for each and every task, unfortunately. There are things that require a traditional OS with a fast Intel CPU.

dgsmith80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep looking on there forums it would appear and I quote "Apple doesn't provide any Wi-Fi SDK for iOS developers" which is why the app doesn't exist yet, but I'm happy to wait, if it is something they are working on that's good enough for me, carrying around a heavy laptop in a massive warehouse / office for 2/3 hours can do some serious damage to your arms lol ;)

Thanks for replying though ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts