What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless storage with Huawei E585

Alpha4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Knut,

Yes, I have reset the device (pin-hole under casing by On/Off swtich)

Still no joy - FileBrowser still asks me for a Username and Password when I try to connect to the device.

Admin/Admin - Works as a login through 192.168.1.1 browser interface, but does not work in FileBrowser on the iPad 2.

muttleyuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Knut,

Yes, I have reset the device (pin-hole under casing by On/Off swtich)

Still no joy - FileBrowser still asks me for a Username and Password when I try to connect to the device.

Admin/Admin - Works as a login through 192.168.1.1 browser interface, but does not work in FileBrowser on the iPad 2.

Isn't FileBrowser using Samba to access shares?

I'm pretty sure it is, and the E585 doesn't support it. It only supports access via HTML.

Alpha4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aha! Thanks Muttley, that must be the problem.

Would have been nice to have used the E585 as a NAS.

Oh well, back to the drawing board....

Emby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im particularly interested in this thread. Im in the UK and can get hold of the Huawei E585 but cant get an Airstash. If a way is found to use it in the same way im keen to hear about it.

Cheers,

Emby

Most reactions

Latest posts