What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wireless router and setup using your ipad

jnsq5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have ordered a new I-pad 3 (wi fi version). I have a wireless network at home and I don't expect any problems getting connected there. Here is my question though ... I will need to be spending a lot of time out of State visiting my elderly Mother. So far, on those visits, I used my PC laptop and PDA Net on my android phone to connect to the internet. The signal is weak, and I have done some checking and signals from all major carriers appears weak at her location. I am now going to get an internet connection at my Mother's house. I want to find a wireless router that is compatible with the I-pad, and specifically that can be set up with my I-pad ... I don't want to lug my PC laptop out there too. Anyone have recommendations on a router and who has successfully set up a router from their I-pad?

Last edited:

jmbarker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I replaced an Apple Extreme router with a Linksys E4200 and my iPad 2 connects to my network with zero issues. I did have to install the software via the CD that came with the router. I think I could have done it from the Linksys website in hindsight but I am not aware of any router that can set up without the aid of a PC or Mac computer.

vfontjr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've used my wi-fi only iPad all over the US as I travel for business. At home I have two dLink dir-827 dual-band routers. I've never had a problem connecting my iPad to any wifi connection when they are available. When I was setting up the dual-bands at home, I followed the recommendations I found in the Apple forum. That is, to set the 2.4mhz band to 20/40 and the 5mhz band to 20. The iPad will conect to both bands but seems to prefer the 2.4mhz.

Tudor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you use an Apple AirPort Extreme you can configure it directly from an iPad, also it is dual frequency that the iPad supports.

tdrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using an ASUS RT-N56U Router. No problems at all, and has great signal strength.

Tom

Most reactions

Latest posts