What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless problem in new JB: anyone confirmed it's fixed?

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, today I was at McDonald's. I've never used the free wifi there before, and even though it said I was connected, it wouldn't connect with the Internet.

Has anyone experienced any problems with wifi and a JB? Someone mentioned that the leaked release wasn't connecting to new routers, so I was wondering if this carried over to the official JB. If not, I'll try looking at other options to see what was awry!

Thanks!

richgalen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not going to be helpful, I fear. I've been using my JB'd iPad 2 since last week and haven't noticed any difference in WiFi connectivity.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nope. AFAIK the wireless problems were confined to a number of users of the leaked 4.3 JB.
I don't see anyone recognising a widespread WiFi issue with the public release.

bfready

iPF Noob
Reaction score
McDonald's (IIRC) requires you to accept their written terms, which should show once you open up Safari. If you do not press "I Agree," it will now route any of your traffic out to the Internet.

Could this be the problem? Rather than a JB issue?

OP
antonio107

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
McDonald's (IIRC) requires you to accept their written terms, which should show once you open up Safari. If you do not press "I Agree," it will now route any of your traffic out to the Internet.

Could this be the problem? Rather than a JB issue?

I'm familiar with this from Starbucks, but I never got a prompt. Maybe my settings were wrong??

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
maybe the ipad 2 is so slim, it doesn't like going to Mcdonalds.

bfready

iPF Noob
Reaction score
antonio107 said:
I'm familiar with this from Starbucks, but I never got a prompt. Maybe my settings were wrong??

Did you try going on safari? It did not force you to the router's login page? It is connecting for sure? Nyou see the wireless icon?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
antonio107

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
antonio107 said:

Did you try going on safari? It did not force you to the router's login page? It is connecting for sure? Nyou see the wireless icon?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I'm used to doing this with Starbucks, and my university. No such luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts