What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless Printer Apps

jack1953.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could you recommend some apps that will allow me to print to a wireless printer? Thanks.
Jack

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your printer is on the list of WiFi printers that are supported by the iPad's AirPrint protocol, then no app is necessary and you'll be able to print directly. The list is at the Apple website; at present only HP make compatible printers.

If not then, as you suggest, you'll need a third-party app. Many Members use PrintCentral and I have that myself. PrintCentral can print to most - though not all - wireless printers directly (i.e. without a PC) and to all printers without exception via a PC, using a small, free, app that loads onto the PC.

Of course, this second option means that your PC needs to be switched on for you to be able to print. However, most printers are supported by PrintCentral for direct printing, but I've never seen a list of compatible printers published anywhere. If you want to know whether your specific printer is supported, then I suggest you post the make and model and see if any Member has the same type of printer and has been able to get it to work with PrintCentral.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts