What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless network scanner

TC93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new to the iPad, but was wondering if there is an App for scanning local wireless networks?

I only ask because I don't like the network scanner built in the iPad. It doesn't even display things like what channel each network is using, and only displays a couple of detected networks for a very short time. My notebook immediately displays at least 9 detected networks in the same location.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You should try looking under jailbreaking, cydia apps.

I have an iPhone scanner app which was pulled/ejected from the appstore due to private api's, so they do exist.
Quite useful sometimes.....

OP
T

TC93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should try looking under jailbreaking, cydia apps.

I have an iPhone scanner app which was pulled/ejected from the appstore due to private api's, so they do exist.
Quite useful sometimes.....
I may try that at some point. I like having the ability to see what wireless networks are around my house, and their strength, so that I can choose the best channel to set my own router. So far I don't have that ability with the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts