What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless keyboard

melsnel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Apple wireless keyboard but can't figure out how to make it work with my iPad. Does anyone know?

Reaction score
Yep.

Go to Settings->General->Bluetooth->On, now press on the keyboards right side the power button until the light flashes.
The keyboard will show up on your iPad, click on it, enter the passcode on the keyboard, press enter and you are all set.

bored2426

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All you have to do is go to settings --> turn on bluetooth and the ipad should find the bluetooth keyboard. It will tell you to punch in some numbers in the keyboard and it will be paired.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Apple wireless keyboard but can't figure out how to make it work with my iPad. Does anyone know?

Have you used the Apple wireless keyboard previously with another computer? If so, it has to be 'un paired' (reset) before it can be 'paired' with the iPad. Bluetooth devices can only work with one device at a time - otherwise confusion could result - if there were two computers in range of the keyboard, which one is it supposed to be controlling?

So the first thing, if the keyboard has been used previously, is to reset it.

Then 'Settings', 'General', 'Bluetooth' -> On and the iPad will go into discovery mode. When it finds your keyboard you can select it and pair it with the iPad. This usually - depending on whether it's been connected previously - needs you to type in a pairing code - the default is usually '0000' - but the iPad might suggest one that you have to type on the keyboard.

Once you've done that you're good to go and the keyboard and iPad will 'remember' each other from then on.

If you have any further issues with the keyboard, please get back to us.

Tim
Scotland

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow - so many helpful people in the Forum - thanks, guys!! It's great to know that there are so many of you kind ladies and gentlement out there.

Tim
Scotland

OP
M

melsnel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Now all I have to do is figure out how to un-pair it from my Mac and I'll be all set. I think that will be a job for after lunch.

Reaction score
There is no need to un-pair. The bluetooth keyboard only pairs with one device, so if you follow on of the above procedures to connect it with your iPad, will it automatically forget the device it was previously paired with.

OP
M

melsnel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks!!! I will try that. Looks like it will have to wait until tomorrow. Busy, busy day! You guys are great

jrowlings

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having problems with repeating key syndrome with my apple wireless keyboard. The only solution is turning off keyboard and bluetooth and reconnecting. I've read on some forums that updating keyboard's software might solve this. But I can only find directions to update if you're using keyboard with a mac. I'm a PC guy. Any suggestions?

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple Wireless Keyboard with iPad2

UPS just delivered my new keyboard from Apple. I do a lot of writing and blogging and I need a full keyboard for entry. I also have the iAWriter app and it works so slick... Also Pages app. I am not really looking for a typical laptop, but wanted flexibility. Now I have it.

I considered Zaggmate ... but after digging into some in depth reviews discovered the keyboard is small like a netbook ... some keys are rearranged and the corners of the protective case dig into wrists. (didn't want to have to relearn years of keyboard habits). Can't charge the Zagg integrated keyboard while in the case. While it is a nice integrated case. For $100 spent I have a better deal. I wanted a great keyboard ... Apple is it. Got it from Ebay and saved $30 (new in a box... 3 days shipping ... great timing). Also the keyboard works with my Mac Mini should I chose to pair it up that way.

I also have the protective case from Targus VUScape. I really like it. Just wanted to share ... for what it is worth for others trying to decide.:)

Last edited:

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No need to unpair

Mine is paired with both my MaBook Pro and my iPad. It just cannot communicate simultaneously with more than one device at a time. Sort of like talking with one's daughters.

markbnh1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I also have the Apple Keyboard and for the same reasons stated above. I found the Zagmate keyboard too small and didn't like how it was recessed in the case. I paired the Apple keyboard with an Incase Orgami case made for the Apple keyboard. It also folds nicely into a stand for the Ipad while typing and neatly stores the keyboard when not in use. I love the combination! (Got the keyboard and case at Best Buy).

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts