1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

wireless keyboard

Discussion in 'AirPrint' started by bcardin6969, Mar 18, 2011.

1. bcardin6969

bcardin6969 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just got a wireless keyboard from a friend and need to change the name HELP please thanks
  2. biobunny

biobunny iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    What do you mean, please be more specific. Do you mean the name that shows up in bluetooth when you connect, because as far as I know It's not possible unless the others know something. Anyway, welcome to the iPad forums!!!
  3. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Regarding your question, I agree with biobunny - it's not normally possible (or, at least, easy) for non-computing devices. i.e. you can change the Bluetooth name of your PC (if it has Bluetooth) but I'm not aware of a way you can change the name of a keyboard. However, I wonder why you want to do this? Is it simply a 'pairing' problem? i.e. the keyboard still thinks it's connected (paired) to your friend's computer? If so, that's an easier problem to solve! If you let us know the make and model of your keyboard, then we can tell you how to reset the pairing and then re-pair it with your iPad.

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free from

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...User_Guide.pdf

Also the iPad2 manual is available at http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/ipad_2_user_guide.pdf

It’s free too.

Tim
    Scotland
  4. bcardin6969

bcardin6969 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry when you hook up to the iPad it says toms keyboard just trying to change that to my name
  5. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    OK - I don't think this can be done from the iPad. But you can do this from a PC, if you have access to one. If you unpair your keyboard from your iPad and pair it with your PC, then in the PC's Control Panel you have access to Bluetooth peripherals and you can change the name there.

Then you'll have to un-pair the keyboard from the PC and pair it again with the iPad.

If you need more detailed instructions as to how to change the name on the PC let us know - PC or Mac and what version of the PC/Mac operating system do you have.

Hope this works out OK - don't hesitate to get back in touch if you need to.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Tim
    Scotland