1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

wireless keyboard problems with ipad 2

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Suee, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Suee

Suee iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I connected my apple wireless keyboard up with my ipad2. A number of the keys are all scrambled. The z is a y....the @ is an A...etc. Moved it back to the imac and it works fine. I see no place on the ipad where the lay out paramenters can be changed? Help!
  2. Temp31

Temp31 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Did you make sure your settings are set to English (USA) and not some other language/country?
  3. Suee

Suee iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I couldnt find any setting for the language, but after your question went back to general settings again and finally found it 4 levels down in the menus..language was set to english, but the keyboard hardware was set to german....how that happened I will never know!
    Thanks for your tip
  4. keitacannon

keitacannon iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Suee - how did you get your iPad 2 to stay "connected" to your Apple wireless keyboard? I have to "re-pair" the devices and even then, the keyboard just stops typing completely; it will not respond. I've tried fresh batteries, turned off all bluetooth devices... nothing will allow the keyboard to work (even though the iPad 2 shows it as being "connected". Thanks for any info you can provide!