What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wireless Hard drive Video Player and Ipad 2

tris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys.

My multimedia player that is connected to my TV has recently broken (It's full of downloaded films and BMX etc).

I'm looking at buying a new one but wondering if you guys would know whether if I bought a wireless one, if I could use my iPad alongside with it wirelessly.

The wireless media player I'm looking at getting connects to your TV in the normal way with films on its internal hard drive. The wireless capabilities are supposed to mean you can view files on your computers and play them directly onto your TV and vice versa.

On my Ipad, I can......pfffff

Freaking hell this is hard to explain.

Okay, If I get this media player with films on it, and have it connected to my TV and setup wirelessly...... http://www.lacie.com...ct.htm?id=10461

Can I sit it my room upstairs on my iPad, and using apps such as VLC Streamer or File Browser and watch films off the Ipad.

I know very little about Ipods and pads and apps and whether it would be feasable. Thanks
smile.gif

(Would be really useful if I could because it would mean I wouldn't have to convert films onto the ipad which would also take up loads of space and time)

OP
T

tris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
anyone? anything that would remotely help?? thanks

drb_52

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have never used this device but, Based on the information provided on their webpage, it sure looks like it will work as you want. It says it can fonction as a server. Maybe you should give the manufacturer a call and ask them. They provide a phone number on the "contact us" link.
I use a mybook world edition NAS hard drive with filebrowser and it works fine.
Good luck.

Most reactions