Wireless Bluetooth headsets with the Ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Tagg67, Apr 16, 2010.

1. coyote

coyote
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I tried the Sennheiser MM450, but returned it because there were two problems:
    1) The noise cancellation wasn't very good.
    2) The bluetooth connection sometimes resulted in a noticeable lag, which made movies unwatchable.

I ended up getting a pair of Bose QuietComfort 15's. Don't like the cord, but they're very comfortable and sound good.

Coyote

2. Jandy

Jandy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Bluetooth

I have been using a Motorola S9 bluetooth headset for a couple of years. It works good but I have to say they do become uncomfortable after awhile. I use a Plantronics Discovery 925 with my Iphone and it works great.

3. ironbear

ironbear
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Be patient and wait until June when Jaybird is launching their "Blue buds". They look like they are going to be awesome!
    No I don't work for them, they will just be the smallest bluetooth buds on the market.

4. joe.niles

joe.niles
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    motorola headset

I've tried two motorola Bluetooth headsets and the iPad can not discover them. Also tried one Jabra and it also did not work. Both are about 2 years old. Could there be a problem with the iPad. My Bluetooth keyboard works great.

Joe

5. dw8928

dw8928
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    ur iPad is fine, the headsets are using an older version of the bluetooth standard. they wont work with your iPad which has 1.2 i think. i had to get rid of my jawbone for this reason and it wasnt even a year old.

6. kennyob46

kennyob46
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    yea-pretty lame-i had a bluetooth headset i just bought at x-mas that was considered too old for the ipad

7. kheldour

kheldour
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Try Jabra Clipper. Works well with iPhone and iPad. And the real benefit is it's battery lifetime and that you can connect any headset with it.

[​IMG]

8. Addicted2it

Addicted2it
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    After much frustration of trying to sinc up my 2 LG Bluetooth headsets, I gave up and bought the Sennheiser MM400s. Very pricey, but I found a better deal on eBay than at the Apple Store.

The sad thing is, there is no way to use the microphone part of the headset because the profiles or drivers needed for headset mic use are nonexistent.

9. ipadfanatic

ipadfanatic
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I broke out my year old Insignia NS-BTHDP bluetooth headset and they work great. I am really amazed with the range of this headset (my iPad is in my bedroom on my nightstand (second level of home) and I'm on the first level in my dining room and not one drop.

Bad thing with these is they are not comfortable laying your head back. Also the the rew/fwd do not work (volume up/down and pause/play do work by the way).

10. Addicted2it

Addicted2it
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    My Sennheiser's sound great, and the wireless range is good, but stlll cannot use the microphone for Skype calls. Had I known that, I certainly would not have bought them.