1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Wired iPad App Sells 24, 000 Copies On Its First Day

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by iDan, May 28, 2010.

1. iDan

iDan Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +93 / 2
    [​IMG]

Wired.com’s Epicenter blog reports today that Wired sold 24,000 copies of its iPad app in the first 24 hours since Tuesday night when it was made available for download in Apple’s iPad App store. This was after Business Insider had estimated that Wired would probably only sell around 3,000 copies on its first day.

Conde Nast , Wired’s publishers, have said that they plan many more innovative features in the next few months, as part of a continuing development process. As Epicenter points out, the real proof of the pudding for new magazine apps is whether they can sustain the interest of their readership after the initial novelty factor has worn off. They also need to sort out some decent subscription packages that are attractive enough to encourage customers to sign up for the long term. Currently you can only buy individual copies of the Wired iPad app for $5.00, which is the same as the cover price of the print version.

By Maura Sutton, iPadForums.net
    Source: Wired
  2. petermillard

petermillard iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Wow, maybe they'll have to do a reprint, lol ;) Kind of puts GQs sales of (I think) 365 into perspective though, doesn't it?

Pete
  3. Bremen

Bremen iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I of course disagree with the pricing... but good for them... the more publishing successes, the more others will publish to the iPad... and that's good for everyone.
  4. Matth3w

Matth3w iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I can't imagine using 500mb for a magazine. Especially for those with 16GB iPads.
  5. Bremen

Bremen iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Subscribe to 1 or 2 mags, no problem... delete each issue when done... archive on PC/Mac....

A magazine freak would have to have a 64 though..... It's all good... I'm already saving for my 3 gen iPad 256 gig.....
  6. Bremen

Bremen iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0

It might have to do with the fact Wired is a rather cool mag, and GQ sucks........

J/K

I kid.....I KID!!!!!
  7. NumbLock

NumbLock iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Hey, I read them both!

But I only paid for the Wired app because the GQ App got really horrible reviews like "thinly veiled PDF in app form" and some were not so nice. :eek:

I'll stick to paper GQ until they figure out the internets.
  8. Bron019

Bron019 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yea i just got it, its pretty cool
  9. Stracer

Stracer iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anybody know if other additions will be cheaper? I know the initial app cost alot and it included the June issue....will upcoming issues be the same price or will they be cheaper? I purchased the app to show support for digital mags in general, but I wont buy another if it is the same price.
  10. Temp40

Temp40 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    WIRED has been one of my favorite magazines for many years, they deserve every bit of success they have!!
  11. Guypad

Guypad iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm not surprised by the numbers, just hope they keep cranking out great content.