What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wiping clear an iPad

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi again JA. I use a browser . But I do have Tapatalk. Now,photos:enabled......
' allow photos to access:' Siri and Search, iCloud Photo Library, Upload to my photo stream, Summarize photos, Transfer to Mac or PC automatically.
I don't know how these became checked , I didn't do it.
I still would like to wipe it and restore to original empty state. Do all those icons automatically stay on the screens when's wiped?
Sometimes, things get checked automatically when you update. This happens with Bluetooth, for example. So it’s a good idea to take a look at your settings after an update.

Are the images also on your other iPad? Also, go to www.icloud.com in a browser on your computer, login and go to Photos. The images should all be there. If they are also on your other iPad, and you have the same settings enabled, they are in iCloud.
When you set up the new iPad as new, and enable iCloud Photo Library again, they will reappear, in this case. Before erasing your iPad, disable iCloud Photo Library and Upload to My PhotoStream. The images should still be on your other device.

To erase your iPad, go to Settings - your name - iCloud:
58DB0E57-7E24-422F-B53D-9FF0553605B3.jpeg

Select Find my iPad, turn it off. You’ll have to enter your iCloud password.
8D072727-14B2-4C4E-9A13-C8FFBDEC0D72.jpeg

That done, go to Settings - General - Reset.
07E65985-7FB5-4820-BDF4-A33987A5E289.jpeg

Go to Erase All Content And Settings.
76EEDB3D-FCBE-4B08-8E08-949279B68645.jpeg

This will wipe your iPad completely. You’ll have to set it up again afterwards.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
OP
doris ganton

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Giradman
An interesting thing happened last night. I decided to dictate an email.... it all went perfectly,none of the foibles that occur when typing. Found that strange. Mean anything to you re my Long list of previous problems?
Doris

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Giradman
An interesting thing happened last night. I decided to dictate an email.... it all went perfectly,none of the foibles that occur when typing. Found that strange. Mean anything to you re my Long list of previous problems?
Doris

Hi Doris - well, I'm not completely sure about what you mean by the statement above put in bold? Sorry, are you blaming me for a problem(s), which I doubt or whether another issue has arose? Please explain and hope that I or others can help. Dave :)

Last edited:
OP
doris ganton

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Doris - well, I'm not completely sure about what you mean by the statement above put in bold? Sorry, are you blaming me for a problem(s), which I doubt or whether another issue has arose? Please explain and hope that I or others can help. Dave :)

Hi again. No of course I am NOT blaming anyone except my own iPad..You had been helping me with the problems I have had for over a year. I have just found that using " dictation" seemed to have none of those original problems. But I guess that may be a different program? I also found that ONLY my gmail a/c has the problems. Yahoo does not . I have used yahoo for a week now testing this theory and it seems perfectly good. Now I wonder if somehow gmail is contaminated? Should I be thinking of getting rid of gmail/google completely?
Many thanks, I greatly appreciate your help.
Doris

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi again. No of course I am NOT blaming anyone except my own iPad..You had been helping me with the problems I have had for over a year. I have just found that using " dictation" seemed to have none of those original problems. But I guess that may be a different program? I also found that ONLY my gmail a/c has the problems. Yahoo does not . I have used yahoo for a week now testing this theory and it seems perfectly good. Now I wonder if somehow gmail is contaminated? Should I be thinking of getting rid of gmail/google completely?
Many thanks, I greatly appreciate your help.
Doris

Hi Doris - well, my thoughts also, just was not sure about your question so not to worry - I've not done much w/ dictation, sorry. Yes, weird about the differences w/ those mail servers. Not sure 'how much' you have in your Gmail account? But Google has a lot of integrated services that might behave erratically - I have a Google account w/ a Gmail user name (have not really used it) and also use Google Docs - signing in can be confusing at times - I guess if your Gmail account is not that important, your suggestion may be worth a try? Let us know what other Google services you use, and hopefully others using Gmail will 'chime in' - Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts