Wiping clear an iPad

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by doris ganton, Jan 7, 2018.

1. doris ganton

doris ganton
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Thanks JA!

2. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You’re welcome.

3. doris ganton

doris ganton
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Hi Giradman
    An interesting thing happened last night. I decided to dictate an email.... it all went perfectly,none of the foibles that occur when typing. Found that strange. Mean anything to you re my Long list of previous problems?
    Doris

4. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hi Doris - well, I'm not completely sure about what you mean by the statement above put in bold? Sorry, are you blaming me for a problem(s), which I doubt or whether another issue has arose? Please explain and hope that I or others can help. Dave :)

#24 giradman, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  5. doris ganton

doris ganton
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Hi again. No of course I am NOT blaming anyone except my own iPad..You had been helping me with the problems I have had for over a year. I have just found that using " dictation" seemed to have none of those original problems. But I guess that may be a different program? I also found that ONLY my gmail a/c has the problems. Yahoo does not . I have used yahoo for a week now testing this theory and it seems perfectly good. Now I wonder if somehow gmail is contaminated? Should I be thinking of getting rid of gmail/google completely?
    Many thanks, I greatly appreciate your help.
    Doris

6. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hi Doris - well, my thoughts also, just was not sure about your question so not to worry - I've not done much w/ dictation, sorry. Yes, weird about the differences w/ those mail servers. Not sure 'how much' you have in your Gmail account? But Google has a lot of integrated services that might behave erratically - I have a Google account w/ a Gmail user name (have not really used it) and also use Google Docs - signing in can be confusing at times - I guess if your Gmail account is not that important, your suggestion may be worth a try? Let us know what other Google services you use, and hopefully others using Gmail will 'chime in' - Dave :)