What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WinXP not loading Ipad drivers

BVH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I looked at the first 6 pages of thread titles and didn't see this but I'm sure it's covered already? Older WinXP machine will not load Ipad drivers although it sees an IPAD connected. Got the Device Manager yellow ?. Disabled Norton but no change.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome.....I'm sure that you have already done this but have you done an update on your XP system to make sure that you are running the most up to date system software?

The Archangel

OP
B

BVH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I'm a nut on updated software so it's up to snuff and will add that PC has no issues recognizing iphone 4s recently.

OP
B

BVH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's the wife's ipad and machine and it's a new ipad as of today. Trying to sync it with her PC Itunes and obviously itunes doesn't see it because the PC doesn't see it.

OP
B

BVH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had been there once before with no luck but when you linked it, I went there again and discovered I had stopped Apple Mobile Services some time in the past. I started it up, rebooted and was really hoping for success. But no, the New Hardware wizard pops up, i tell it to automatically load the driver but it cannot find a driver to load.

OP
B

BVH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I just dumped all things Apple, the 6 items they recommend to dump and reloaded it all with no change. This is unreal. Really bummed.

Maybe a clue, maybe not. When I reboot, an error box having to do with AppleSyncNotification" comes up and says it cant load because of a missing core dll? All the other apple services are loaded and running.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BVH said:
Well I just dumped all things Apple, the 6 items they recommend to dump and reloaded it all with no change. This is unreal. Really bummed.

Maybe a clue, maybe not. When I reboot, an error box having to do with AppleSyncNotification" comes up and says it cant load because of a missing core dll? All the other apple services are loaded and running.

I wish that I had something else to offer you here but I'm OSX all the way so hopefully someone else who runs Win XP will chip in here.....good luck!

The Archangel

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Delete device in XP device manager
Remove iPad from computer
Unintall iTunes
Reinstall iTunes (fresh download)
Attach iPad

OP
B

BVH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did all that with no luck and now I know why. It's not an Ipad issue. For some reason my PC will not install drivers for ANY new device, be it an ipad, usb key and it's stop recognizing the CD ROM. Oddly enough, it still recognizes a USB key that has already been used in that machine. Time for a new PC for me and hand mine down to the wife. Her's is about 7 years old. Thanks for all the help

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BVH said:
I did all that with no luck and now I know why. It's not an Ipad issue. For some reason my PC will not install drivers for ANY new device, be it an ipad, usb key and it's stop recognizing the CD ROM. Oddly enough, it still recognizes a USB key that has already been used in that machine. Time for a new PC for me and hand mine down to the wife. Her's is about 7 years old. Thanks for all the help

Well it's not the best news but at least you have a resolution now. I hope everything works out.

The Archangel

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score

You can probably do an OS repair or reinstall XP and you'd be fine....
It's Windows and normal operation to fail occasionally. :D

Most reactions

Latest posts