What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winterboard - iPad 3 5.1.1 too small?

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm having problems with Winterboard. Any widgets or themes I download are too small for my iPad screen and way off centered. I've resprung and just wondering what else. Anybody got it working on the new iPad?

altimax98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have this error as well, my guess is improper scaling due to Retina graphics

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would agree that Winterboard themes are not ready for the retina iPad3 yet. Also, make sure that you aren't downloading themes and widgets that were designed for the iPhone. Then, they'd REALLY be small.

Guess us iPad3ers will have to wait until someone figures out an iPad retina theme ... or build our own. Hmmmm, might be an idea, to modify an existing iPad theme. wonder if it'll work...

Marilyn

OP
Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hope the kind folks at Cydia will at least place a section labeled as such because everything I have downloaded so far for winter board be it themes or widgets are just a no go and if there was a section it would sure save some time and frustration!

flyass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, i too need some Reitana display themes, There was a sectioon in cydia but it seams to be for iPhone 4 s. Keep me posted on this topic i'm realy looking forward to pimping my iPad .

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hope the kind folks at Cydia will at least place a section labeled as such because everything I have downloaded so far for winter board be it themes or widgets are just a no go and if there was a section it would sure save some time and frustration!

It appears as if the owner, saurik, already took care of that. If you go to the main Cydia page, you'll see the section for themes:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk X1338158747.171078.jpg

When you press on that to go to the themes section, you'll then see this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk X1338158779.212506.jpg

That's new, in that it specifically IDs the first and second generation only. So, that should help you know whether a theme is compatible for the third generation iPad. I suspect, hopefully, it'll be just a matter of time...

Marilyn

flyass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah iguess, good themes take time to develop. Hope to see a 3G setting Therese soon tho.

Pazuzu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.wtfcinema.com
I spent all day downloading and seeing which themes work and what doesn't... Luckily... Dreamboard works... Even though it only has like.. 4 iPad themes that work... My favorite was Honeycomb or BoXor for iPad ...

flyass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pazuzu said:
I spent all day downloading and seeing which themes work and what doesn't... Luckily... Dreamboard works... Even though it only has like.. 4 iPad themes that work... My favorite was Honeycomb or BoXor for iPad ...

Are you trying those themes on an ipad 3 or on a ipad 2? Cuz i belive it to be alot of theemes that work on ipad 2 but on a ipad 3 there is noone yet.

Most reactions