What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WINDOWS XP Blue screen of death

OsabaMark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It appears my pc has decided to f***itself up.From time to time I get Blue screens of death , usually switch off & on and it goes back to normally. This time it all went nuts started doing that CHKDSK thing, tried to repair/relocate some file and when it was done it went all black, then another blue screen of death frm which it will not work.

When I switch on itbappears to work, ye can see the Windows XP logo thing, then black screen followed by BSOD wit this error message :
STOP. c000021a ( serious system error ) The system process Windows Logon Process terminated unexpectedly with this command : 0x0000006 (0x00000000 0x00000000)

Messing around I managed to get another BSOD saying sth about File: aswMon2.sys. DRIVER_UNLOADED_PENDING_OPERATIONS

Stop. 0x000000CE ( 0xAc1BC5CE, 0x00000000, 0xAC1BC5E, 0x00000000)

Also I cant get into safe mode, I managed to see the options but it wouldnt let me move between them, only load windows in normal mode(after 20 secs) and consequently back to the start again.

How broken is it and is there a quick fix or is it time to call it a day?

Any ideas folks?

OP
OsabaMark

OsabaMark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did google that myself but it's no use . System doesn't let me choose any of the options when I try to start from the cd, thus no safe mode, no use last good configuration, no repair. Load of balls really!

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You may also be able to test the hard drive via the BIOS.

OP
OsabaMark

OsabaMark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Think I tried f11, I'll try again in the morn. Thx for answering.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On some systems (i.e. HP) F11 allows a system restore via a menu choice. F8 will usually provide access to Safe Mode in either Windows or via the command line, but I'm assuming that this has not worked. Many modern BIOSs will perform a test for a hard drive failure which only takes a few seconds, in this case a distinct possibility. Sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time of it.

OP
OsabaMark

OsabaMark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Took it back to the the shop . let's see what the say.

Most reactions